Using these books will improve your understanding of math and have you performing like a genius!
People who excel at mathematics use better strategies than the rest of us; they are not necessarily more intelligent.
Speed Mathematics teaches simple methods that will enable you to make lightning calculations in your head–including multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction, as well as working with fractions, squaring numbers, and extracting square and cube roots. Here’s just one example of this revolutionary approach to basic mathematics. See sample on next page.
96 x 97 =
Subtract each number from 100.
96 x 97 =
Subtract diagonally. Either 96—3 or 97— 4.
The result is the first part of the answer.
96 x 97 = 93
Multiply the numbers in the circles. 4 x 3 = 12.
This is the second part of the answer.
96 x 97 = 9312
It’s that easy!
1. Math for Life: Crucial Ideas You Didn’t Learn in School – 2013 – Jeffrey Bennett
2. Speed Mathematics Simplified (Dover Books on Mathematics) – Edward Stoddard
3. Speed Mathematics: Secrets of Lightning Mental Calculation (3rd Edition) – 2012 -Bill Handley
4. Speed Mathematics: Secret Skills for Quick Calculation – 2003 – Bill Handley
5. Speed Math for Kids: Helping Children Achieve Their Full Potential – Bill Handley
6. Speed Math for Kids: The Fast, Fun Way To Do Basic Calculations – 2007 – Bill Handley
7. The Trachtenberg Speed System of Basic Mathematics – 2011 – Rudolph McShane , Jakow Trachtenberg , Ann Cutler , Sam Sloan
8. Mathematical Puzzles for the Connoisseur – 104 Brainteasers – Some Funny, Some SlyonWeights and Dates,Area. and Shapes,Numbers and Chance – P.M.H. Kendall , G.M. Thomas