This is the most significant software to be published in the field of grammar for a very long time. Nothing compares with it; it is groundbreaking and in a word exceptional.
Cambridge Grammar of English is a “must-have” for any serious learner or user of the English language. Using ground-breaking language research, it offers clear explanations of spoken and written English based on real everyday usage.
A clear 2-part structure make it particularly user-friendly and it has won the prestigious British Council Innovation Award.
A major new reference grammar offering the most comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of spoken and written English based on real everyday usage. A major reference grammar from the world’s leading grammar publisher. It offers clear explanations of spoken and written English based on real everyday usage. The clear two-part structure makes the book particularly user-friendly. The accompanying CD-ROM makes the Cambridge Grammar of English even more accessible with: • The whole book in handy, searchable format. • Audio recordings of all the examples from the book. • Links to the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary online for instant definitions of new vocabulary.
I think that if you burn the CD, there will be no problems if you install it from your FIRST CD/DVD drive, otherwise it will fail. For those that store images of CDs in DVD-Rs, and mount them as needed, there are two possible solutions:
1) Unpack files from archive;
2) Switch off your physical CD and/or DVD drive(s) (Start -> Control panel -> Service and Performance -> System -> Accessories -> Device Manager -> ‘your CD-ROM’ -> Properties -> Switch off) or (My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> ‘your CD-ROM’ -> Properties -> Switch off);
3) Mount MDS file with the help of Alcohol program or Daemon Tools. (If you use Daemon Tools you need to run ProtStop or YASU program to hide emulation drive!), standard mounting programs (like WinMount) will not work;
4) Install CGE program as usual and run it;
5) Switch on your CD and/or DVD drive(s);
Now you can use CGE without any CDs.
Method 2: (USE THE CRACK)
1) Unpack files from archive
2) Mount MDS file with any disk mounting program
3) Install CGE
4) Overwrite CGE.EXE in installation directory with the one supplied from the Crack (which is a NoCD version)
LINKS ARE INTERCHANGEABLE